I provide Dutch (and Flemish) & French into English translations.
I translate exclusively into my native language (English). I am very familiar with both British and American English, having lived and been educated in both the U.S. and England, and with family in both countries.
My primary specialization is the translation of legal texts. However, I also regularly translate business and pharmaceutical texts and I also have extensive experience translating financial, academic, medical and literary work.
I have been certified by the American Translators Association for Dutch into English translation. My translation services include editing and proofreading. Translations can be delivered via email or mail, as you prefer. All your documents will be treated with utmost confidentiality.
Additional information and free quotes are gladly provided upon request.
If you require translations in other language combinations, please try searching the following:
Editing & Proofreading Services
I provide editing and proofreading services for texts translated into English as well as those originally written in English.
Translation & Editing Rates
Translation rates vary depending on a number of factors: language, subject, difficulty, turn-around time and format, to name a few. My rates are based on the target word count as determined by the word count feature in Microsoft Word.
I am happy to provide a written estimate for any project – simply send me an email.
My rates generally fall in the following ranges:
- Dutch > English translation…………. US $0.14 – 0.16 per target word
- French > English translation…………US $0.13 – 0.15 per target word
- Editing & Proofreading ………………..US $45 per hour
- Minimum fee for any one job………..US $45
- Notarization fee…………………………….US $10
Additional fees may apply for rush or weekend work, handwritten documents, extra formatting, and other non-standard requirements.
Terms and Conditions
- Invoices are generally issued on the day of project completion and are payable within 30 days.
- No claims shall be considered after 10 days from receipt of invoice.
- Any liability shall be limited to the amount stated on the invoice.
- Translation copyright belongs to Translator until payment in full is received.
- If necessary, corrections of errors or omissions are provided at no charge.
“Chantal has always produced quality work for me. She has worked on some large projects for me, with tight deadlines and has always risen to the challenge. Her service is prompt, her translation quality excellent and it is a pleasure to work with her because of her personable nature. Chantal is the first person I call upon when I need French or Dutch to English translation services!”
- Katja Suletzki, Latitude48 Translation
“I really may thank you for the quality of your work. By working so precisely, you saved me a lot of time. As you can see, your work is already online [...] I really appreciate your work, since I know something about the quality difference one might encounter among translators.”
- Joe Bayes, Placet – Communication for the Arts
“I just took a quick look at the translation and want to thank you for re-formatting it so nicely! I really appreciate the time you took to work on this project.”
- Olessia Laird, translate4me, Inc.